5 Mistakes To Avoid When Choosing An Affiliate Program
When people decide to join an affiliate program to make extra money, or to have a full time job, they often do so with illusions and no idea of how the affiliate program actually works. Read the following top 5 mistakes people make when it comes to choosing an affiliate program and avoid these mistakes at all costs. Then, you will be able to be more effective and make more money for your time, so it is definitely worthwhile to read these warnings and avoid them. Whether you are a rookie or a veteran in affiliate marketing, you may find yourself making the same mistakes.
1. High internal competition and no support.
Too many affiliate programs compete against their competitors which wastes money and puts affiliates out of business. However, if you are part of an affiliate program the more affiliates the better for getting more information and more money. One of the worst things to do is choose an affiliate program that believes in competing against other affiliates. Instead, choose an affiliate program that agrees with supporting and growing other affiliates to have a larger network and access to more affiliates.
2 Little Reward, lousy commisions
Another mistake people frequently make when choosing affiliate programs is choosing a program that offers little reward for the individual’s hard work. Never pick up an affiliate with less than 50% commission. Too many affiliate programs pay too little and as a result affiliates find it difficult to make the money they should be making. Look for an affiliate program that has a good pay rate for your work.
3 Old Statistics, if Any
You want an affiliate program that offers good, solid, real time statistics, not old statistics or ones that are no longer valid. Some afilliates have too old statistics and they are not working now on the market.
4 Lack of Support or No Support at All
Too often affiliates find themselves waiting days for an answer to an e-mail and an important question for their business. You want an affiliate program that guarantees you support round the clock if possible or at least within 24 hours. If not, keep looking for an affiliate program that wants to help you help yourself. To have a ticket base support system is of great esence.
5 Fresh Ideas, old Creative’s
Many affiliate programs provide few ideas or creative’s to their affiliates and so thousands of web pages end up with the same advertising. However, affiliate programs would have a better success rate if many different ads were made available so affiliates could alternate ads and place different ads on different sites, depending on the products sold. The old creative;s or the very seen will not be as effectivew as fresh new creatives and new capture pages.
5 Tips To Choosing The Right Affiliate Program
To help you get started promoting affiliate programs, I’ve provided the following 5 tips to help you choose the affiliate programs that are right for you.
1. Choose affiliate programs that match the content of your site. If your site targets a niche market than choose affiliate programs that offer products to that niche market.
2. Choose affiliate programs that pay a high commission. For example more than 50%-100% on your direct sales. Yes, 100% commissions is possible, see the video here!
3. Join affiliate programs that pay two-tier commissions. This enables you to not only earn commissions on your own sales but also on the sales of people who you introduce to your affiliate program.
4. Join affiliate programs that offer a line of products so that you can earn commissions when your referrals come back and purchase other services or products. For instance here.
5. Join affiliate programs that offer their affiliates great marketing support. Many affiliate programs offer their affiliates pre-written ads to use or get ideas from, sales letters, marketing courses, and articles to use in promoting their services.
Remember, the best affiliate programs will see their affiliate program as a partnership with you and combine high commissions with excellent support so that you can start earning money promoting their products as quickly as possible. l think l enlightend you to make the write choice!
The Best Affiliate Program for 2012: SEE THE VIDEO
To your success!
Category: Internet Marketing