Personal Branding for Success
One important part of branding is the image you yourself portray. Developing a likeable personal brand is essential for succeeding either online or offline. If you want to rise to the top of your particular arena, you need to first be able to sell yourself to your potential customers. Would you rather do business with a person who smiles and comes across as friendly or with one who snarls and ignores you? The first impression a potential customer receives is from you. Make it a good one.
How can you accomplish this? Here are some tips for successful branding without hype.
Tips For Successful Branding
1.Become an expert source. Become an authority in your field, in your niche.
2. Become a great communicator. Research shows communications skill is the top determinant for upward social and professional mobility. You can open a communication channel through social media, video marketing, magazines, microblogging. Be everywhere!
3. Draft a marketing plan for yourself annually, and review it quarterly. Include specific goals, strategies, action steps, and a timetable. Your personal branding marketing plan is essential to have it with your goals.
4. Develop an ‘elevator speech.” Within the time that it takes an elevator to travel one floor – about 60-seconds – be able to deliver a succinct description of what you do, how you do it differently, and the benefit it provides. For this purpose you should use YouTube or another video distribution service that will promote you and your personal brand. It will also drive traffic to your blog.
5. Build your Rolodex. Make new business contacts and stay in touch with them. Most people with powerful brands have powerful friends. Branding it is about attracting the ideal target friends and customers and building long-term relationships with them.
6. Balance your individual style with clothing that will appeal to those you are trying to impress. Be yourself and keep casual dressing. My own mistake is that l overused on the beginning the tie and costume, as l didn’t have something to give to the people or to pose for.
7. Give something back for free! Giving your time, or something for free as a bait to make the people remember you and of course to join your list. Your email list is valuable.
8. Branding yourself online through your personal blog!
Your personal brand is one of your greatest business assets. Put as much time and effort into it as you do in branding your product. In the end, if you can’t sell yourself, you’ll find it nearly impossible to sell your product.
An Online Presense: Your personal Blog
Branding, as a whole, is essential for any serious business because a company’s brand is what distinguishes it from its competitors and makes it unique. In today’s web 2.0 age, it is necessary for most of us to have an online presence to stay competitive. An effective internet branding, just like its offline counterpart, helps bring awareness to your unique business offering, your unique selling proposition and drive customer leads and sales.
While online branding offers huge opportunities for business, in order for it to be effective one needs to attract and engage its customers. This isn’t easy on the internet. Branding is not as easy as putting up a blog and adding your company logo and slogan. Your online branding strategy should make your online brand noticeable and apparent. You should have rich content inside your blog, an about me page, an online signature and photographs and personal business logos.
A strong online image will make the difference between a customer who buys from you online or switches to your competitors. Remember, that the product is YOU. You have to sell yourself first and this can be done only through your personal blog.
Be True to Yourself
If your online marketing material stimulates an image in your mind that is just not you, likely you’ve been trying to model your approach after someone else or you’ve been using work produced by someone else without giving them the benefit of knowing you, learning your approach, sharing your ideas and interjecting your personality into the material.
Maybe you have a mistaken self-image of yourself. Try to be original and give to the customers the proper image of you. How will you be remembered? what are the positives of yourself? Be yourself and let your personality show through in your online marketing materials. There’s lots of talk about branding in regard to online marketing. The basic principles of branding are to decide on the image you wish to portray and what message you want to communicate. Do you communicate the image of success? Of attraction? Are you positive?
Personalize your image and your blog posts.
If you are writing a blog entry in the midst of a snowstorm and it is “a bit nippy outside” don’t hesitate to say so. When you let your personality shine your image will be your own, not one you have crafted that will change from day-to-day depending upon what you have read most recently. The purpose of a brand is to craft something that will stick in the minds of people and help them to remember your business or you. Keep in mind that if you expose yourself to thousands of people some of them will remember you and some not. Why? How can you make them remember you anyway? That is the true deal.
You’ll be much happier with the long-term effects of your online marketing if you don’t try to be someone you are not. Be yourself and have fun.
Benefits of Branding
Your personal brand needs to create a positive image in the minds of consumers. Contrary to what most people believe, branding isn’t just a logo. Your businesses purpose, focus, and image all combine to create your brand. Why should you make this effort? Below are a few benefits:
1. You are remembered. It’s hard to remember a company with a generic name or a person after a long time. You may not be able to distinguish their mission and their personal details. SInce we don’t use business cards on the internet, we have personalized emails, personal blog, videos, audios and pictures.
2. You gain customer loyalty. The fact is, people build close bonds with brand identities. Consumers want quality products they can trust. So, your business should have an identity that your customers can cling to. If your company delivers great products and services and has a great brand identity, people will remember you. In addition, they will often refer you to friends and family.
3. You become famous. You want the people who have not done business with you to still know who you are and what you do. If they see your ads on billboards, hear them on radio, see them on television, or any other media, they will know your brand identity. And when the time comes that they need your product or service, your company will be the first to come to mind.
4. One picture a thousand word. We are a very brand aware society and picture are the king as the good content is. People commonly associate brand names with quality and may only buy certain brands for that reason. If people only want one brand of a particular product, they are willing to pay a higher price. Branding yourself properly, you can sell yourself more high and the perceived value in the eyes of the customer will be even higher, than when you are unknown. For instance, different price has a book of a best seller famous author like Paolo Cohelo than the book of an uknown author.
Branding Through Blogging: The Empower Network
The first time l stumble upon the idea of branding was through blogging with the empower network. Empower Network had managed to do in only one month, what l have been struggling to do the last 10 years. It is very powerful experience to take advice and leadership from the successful internet marketing brands and start such as David Wood, Darren Little, Rob Fore, and many other successful affiliates.
If you want to build your personal brand and you feel helpless, just have a look on the empower network blogging system.
For me it was an AHA moment, a life changing experience! l don’t know about you, but it is the simplest way to build your personal brand and gain credibility, to be something in life, to let yourself shine like a star!
Brand and Re-brand Yourself Untill Success!
Brand Identity is a promise. Whether that promise involves product quality, service, price or a million other things variables. A strong brand identity can place a business and yourself above its competition all by itself. But having a brand that’s strong takes time, money and effort to grow. It’s not as easy as just creating a logo or writing a tagline. Brand identity is the reason you give your customer to pick you instead of your competition.
Successful re-branding involves “evolution,” not “revolution.” You must make an impact on upon your existing customers that your new brand is just a new and improved version of the same you. It’s vital to not get too extreme with a re-branding effort because you could end up destroying delicate emotional ties and customer loyalty.
To your success!
P.S. Don’t forget to connect with me.
Category: Personal Branding